Artistic works such as books, films, images and songs are valuable but also vulnerable goods. On the other hand creating art itself bears the risk of violating protected rights of others
- Copyright law protects the rights of artists such as musicians, composers, writers, photographers etc.
- Copyright does not cover ideas. It is the work created in material form that is protected.
- Copyright protection arises through a process of intellectual creation.
- Every idea – as good as it may be – needs careful legal assistance when it comes to its realisation or expression in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Legal expertise is important when licensing or granting the use of a(n) (artistic) work.
Copyright infringements happen every day, especially online. Copying or downloading content might already violate someone else’s protected rights.
Our law firm has many years of experience in handling all matters of intellectual property law. In addition, our IP-experts teach at Austrian universities and other institutions and publish legal commentaries and expert articles. They combine legal practice and specialised academic know-how.
Our services include:
- Assessment of the protectability of an artistic creation
- Defence or enforcement of copyright claims for omission or damages
- Copyright contracts especially licensing agreements
- Assessment of copyright claims for payment and damages