Company website, online-shop or social media: the omnipresence of the internet and its established usage entails numerous legal questions and challenges. Requirements for a compliant online presence include:
- Information obligations (imprint, disclosure) for websites and social media platforms
- Drafting and updating general terms and conditions (GTC)
The internet is by far a space without legal regulations. E.g. copyright, trademark law and personality rights also apply to online actions. Non-observance may cause severe consequences!
- Usage of images, videos or songs on the internet
- Defamatory postings or even hate speech in social media
- Online advertising or web use of trademarks
- Domain disputes
As a media law firm solving legal questions regarding the internet is one of our core competences. In addition to media law and protection of personality rights we offer many years of experience and profound expertise in the fields of copyright, trademarks and design and unfair competition law and the drafting of general terms and conditions.
We help both individuals and companies to establish and maintain a legally compliant online presence, to fend off illegal copies of their products or services as well as to defend themselves against defamatory postings on the internet. We assist our clients in defending claims concerning their online activities e.g. copyright warnings.
Our services include:
- Creating a compliant online presence (imprint, disclosure and other information obligations )
- Drafting and updating general terms and conditions
- Defence and enforcement of claims for damages or injunctions based on copyright law, trademark law, design law and competition law as well as claims based on media law (e.g. protection of images, defamation).
- Comprehensive legal and strategic counselling and representation for all internet matters
- Legal representation at ICANN concerning domain disputes