Between the conflicting priorities of media coverage and the interest of affected private persons numerous legal questions arise, aggravated by the demands of the increasingly fast-paced new media.
- Media are considered as public watchdog.
- Nevertheless, personality rights of the individual have to be respected and protected.
- Furthermore, media are subject to specific regulations and rules concerning their content such as the protection of minors or advertising restrictions.
In order to find an appropriate balance between these interests we offer many years of experience and comprehensive expertise in counselling and representing national and international media companies in various fields of law such as media law, protection of personality rights, broadcasting law as well as intellectual property law and labour law.
We also advise and represent private persons, businesses or other institutions, which are confronted with defamatory media reports, privacy violation, hate speech or unauthorized media use of their name or image.
Tailored solutions for your individual needs are our aim. We provide quick and effective action always bearing in mind latest changes and developments.
Our services include:
- Defence and enforcement of media law and broadcasting law claims for damages or counterstatement
- Defence and enforcement of civil right claims for injunction or damages based on the protection of the image, defamation, libel or right to a name
- Comprehensive legal and strategic counselling and representation in all matters dealing with media law, broadcasting law as well as protection of personality rights