Trademarks & Designs
Trademarks and designs are valuable assets of a company and therefore need to be protected and defended carefully. After all, the most valuable trademarks worldwide are worth several 100 billions of US-Dollars. On the way to a successful and well-established trademark or design many complex legal questions arise.
- Trademarks individualise products and services in the market in order to distinguish them from those of competitors.
- Designs protect the outer appearance of products.
- Apart from trademarks and designs, (personal) names and domains also need distinction from competitors or defence against infringements.
Even in the process of developing a new trademark or design, marketing aspects should comply with legal requirements in order to avoid a loss of investments. Continuous monitoring of the market is also important so that infringements can be pursued timely. The renewal of trademark rights is essential for their continuing existence.
We advise and represent companies as well as individual persons who want to protect their brand or design, pursue infringements or have to defend own (IP) rights.
Our services include:
- Legal support on the development of new trademarks and designs (protectability)
- Check of conflicts with prior rights by means of specialized research
- Application and registration of trademarks and designs with the official authorities
- Warnings, licensing agreements, delimitation and sale agreements
- Consulting and representation in case of infringement
- Administration of periods of protection of trademarks and designs by means of of special databases